About Our Parish

St. Kilian

St. Kilian Catholic Church is a rural parish of 44 families located in the village of St. Kilian, Minnesota in Nobles County. The parish was founded in 1878, when the pastor of St. Adrian Parish, Father Christian Knauf, realized that the number of settlers was increasing in the area. The first resident pastor was Father J.E. Gratz in 1891. 

The present church building was erected in 1900 and continues to stand in this small community as a testimony to the strong faith of the Catholic community. Parishioners work hard to maintain the beauty of the church, especially the ornate and intricate wood altars, side altars, and stained glass windows.  On March 31, 1998, the church and cemetery were listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

In 1995, the parish was clustered into a 4-Parish cluster with the churches of St. Adrian, St. Anthony, and Our Lady of Good Counsel. Visitors and new members are always welcome to come and worship at the parish.

 

 


Online Giving

Online Giving

Secure and Convenient Donate now!